Since the Trust was founded, more than 50 years ago, our work has focused on five areas:
1. Funding scholarships recommended by the British Council for English language teachers and teacher trainers from countries
around the world. Our current focus is on Central Asia, East and South Asia, sub-Saharan Africa and Latin America.
2. Through the British Council, the Trust maintains an alumni network and supports follow-up projects.
3. Funding British Council national or regional schools and workshops for English language teachers around the world.
4. Supporting the English language teaching components of overseas education projects run by major aid organisations, such as
Voluntary Service Overseas (VS0) and Comic Relief.
5. Encouraging online networking between teachers and teacher organisations worldwide.